Believe it or not I was nominated for a blog award! I know, I was both very shocked and flattered! The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers as a way to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogging world.
The sweet blogger who nominated me is Angela from blue i style. Be sure to check out her blog!
Here are the official rules if you are nominated:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter. Thanks again, Angela!
2. Answer the 11 questions presented to you.
3. Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers for the Liebster Award.
4. Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
1. How long have you been blogging, and what inspired you to begin?
I began blogging about three months ago. I am a newlywed and have found that I love making our apartment our own space one project at a time. I started my blog to document our progress as well as hopefully inspire others to create a space they love.
2. Name a skill that you don’t possess, but would like to acquire.
I wish I knew how to sew. My mom is practically a professional seamstress and tried to teach me when I was young. Should have listened.
3. If you had to give your decorating style a name, what would it be?
My favorite aspect of decorating is mixing styles. My favorite styles to mix are traditional and glam. My style would be considered “transitional” because I like the comfort and warmth from the traditional design but also the clean lines and color that a contemporary and glam design provides. It’s all about meeting in the middle for me!
4. Many people wish they’d been born in a different era. In which decade do you think you most belong?
I actually had no idea to which decade I “belong”, so I took one of those cheesy online quizzes. 🙂 After answering some questions about myself I found out that I could have lived in the 80s (which is actually what my gut told me). I love watching trends come and go and the 80s were all about pop culture trends which is so much fun. Bring on the acid wash jeans and neon colored tops!
5. Do you feel most at home in the city, the suburbs, or the country?
I grew up in a small town that many consider the “country”. It was a wonderful town to grow up in, but I wouldn’t move back. My husband and I have fallen in love with Austin, Texas and would love to start and a family here. I wouldn’t consider myself a “city girl” because I don’t think I could live in just any city, but Austin has our hearts, so I feel most at home in this city for now.
6. Are you an introvert or an extrovert, and would anyone be surprised by your answer?
I am an introvert with few extrovert personality traits. I am definitely reserved and prefer to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself, but I do enjoy being around others.
7. What is your most prized possession?
My most prized possession is without a doubt my wedding ring for obvious reasons. I love my wedding ring, and it is truly the ring I dreamed about before Parker proposed with it. My “design” prized possession is my Grandmother’s antique buffet. It is such a classic piece and has so much sentimental value to me. I will always display it in my house.
8. Where is your happy place?
I don’t have a happy “place” as in a location I have found I need to be to be my happiest. It’s more about my state of mind. As long as I’m not thinking and worrying about things I don’t want to be thinking about, I can enter my “happy place” at any location. Sitting by the pool makes it much more enjoyable, but I am just as content on my couch as long as I’m daydreaming about interiors. 🙂
9. Do you collect anything, and how did the collection start?
I’ve always wanted to collect something, but I’m just not a collector. I hate clutter and tend to get rid of items that do not have a place. A decorative item that I am always drawn to (even if I don’t need one) is mirrors. I have at least a couple of mirrors in every room. I love everything about them. I am not an “art” person, so I love filling walls with original mirrors that compliment the room.
10. Name three things on your bucket list.
1. Travel, travel, travel. Parker and I love to travel, and we talk a lot about how we don’t want to stop traveling when we have kids. I know that’s easier said than done, but it’s something we really hope to do. We are planning a Europe trip for next year and are so excited! There is so much of this world that I haven’t seen!
2. Renovate a house (or several). I spend my free time on real estate apps like Zillow, Redfin and Trulia. I could spend hours looking at houses and day dreaming about what I love and hate and how I would flip the houses. I would love to buy a fixer-upper as our first home and turn it into a something wonderful.
3. Enter the Interior Design world. Interior design is my true passion, and although I do not know much about it, I am trying to learn as much as I can by following Interior Design blogs and communicating with bloggers and designers. I am really enjoying learning more about this fascinating world of Interior Design, and who knows what will happen in the future.
11. If you could, what advice would you give to your high school self?
I remember being in high school and thinking it would be the best time of my life. To say the least, I had a great high school experience. I loved growing up in a small town as it made fun high school memories. If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell my naive self that it only gets better. At that time in my life I had no idea what my future held and it was hard to imagine life getting better! I definitely learned a lot from my high school years (I probably didn’t realize I was learning lessons then), but high school was truly a great early phase of my life.
And now for my 11 nominees! Here are your questions:
1. How long have you been blogging, and what inspired you to get started?
2. What was the best day of your life?
3. What do most people not know about you?
4. Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
5. Who are your favorite bloggers?
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7. Are you a full time blogger or do you have a “day job”?